President & Chief Investment Officer, Fiume Capital
David Hirschfeld is Chief Investment Officer of Fiume Capital, a private investment firm focusing on media, entertainment, sports, and operationally intensive real estate. He is responsible for driving investment strategy, asset management, and day-to-day operations of the company.
A strategic differentiating factor of Fiume Capital is the absence of passive investments. David plays a critical role in the operations of all companies in the Fiume Capital portfolio and holds a board position on all companies it has invested in at times serving on critical committees such as audit and compensation. Below is a list of these companies
- 3Step Sports: Largest youth sports operator of clubs and events in the country, with over 3.5mm kids in the ecosystem, 2,000 clubs, and 2,000 events
- Thrill One: world’s leading producer of action sports events and original content including MTV hit show ridiculousness
- Kemper Sports: One of the nation’s largest Golf Course operators and managers with over 100 courses in its portfolio
- FloSports: an OTT provider of niche sports content across 21 verticals
- SPORTLOGiQ: a sports analytics company utilizing computer vision
- Dojo Madness: a provider of analytics to esports athletes
- Exited Investments
- Moonbug: a digitally native children’s content media company (no longer on the board)
- The Action Network: a subscription app providing content and advice to sports bettors
- Hitco Entertainment: a music entertainment company which has generated over 7bn streams and hits such as Roses Remix
David is a partner in CORE Advisory Partners a Las Vegas based full-service capital markets brokerage and strategic financial services firm. CORE Advisory Partners deeply believes in the long term growth potential for Las Vegas and is focused on providing institutional advice and capital to local developers to help propel that growth. In furtherance of this goal, David founded Sahara Investment Group a real estate lending company for Nevada based real estate investors.
Prior to Fiume Capital, CORE, and Sahara, David served as Senior Vice President of Atalyst Financial Group where he led capital raising and M&A advisory and invested proprietary capital across the capital structure. Before that, David was Director of Investment and Strategy at Fertitta Entertainment where he managed corporate development and strategic initiatives, including working on the ~$10bn restructuring of Station Casinos Inc. David was with The Calida Group, a Las Vegas-based apartment developer. He began his career in investment banking at Valtus Capital Group focusing on M&A, capital raising, and debt restructuring within the real estate, gaming, sports, and entertainment industries.
David grew up in New York City and graduated from Brown University with a degree in Business Economics and a focus in Japanese History. He and his wife Rachel are deeply committed to philanthropy and believe in donating time as well as capital. Their largest involvement in recent years has been with the Three Square food bank. He and Rachel have two young daughters Aria and Maya.