Managing Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Michael J. Bonner is Managing Shareholder of the Las Vegas Office and concentrates his practice in the areas of corporation finance, corporate governance, business transactions, securities and gaming.
He represents clients in corporate securities and other business transactions; including acting as lead counsel on mergers and acquisitions, public securities offerings, private placements and a variety of financing, acquisition and restructuring transactions for publicly held and privately held business entities. Mr. Bonner counsels publicly held companies on disclosure obligations under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including the preparation of annual reports to stockholders, proxy statements, and annual and quarterly periodic reports to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Mr. Bonner acts as outside counsel to boards of directors and special committees of boards of directors of publicly held and privately held entities.
Outside of his robust legal practice, Michael has served on the boards of directors of several community and business organizations. In partnership with the University of Nevada (UNLV) William S. Boyd School of Law, Michael co-chairs Greenberg Traurig’s Summit for Corporate Governance, an annual forum for distinguished academics, business leaders, and legal practitioners to discuss hot topics and developments in corporate governance facing public companies.
- Corporation finance
- Corporate governance
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Gaming regulatory
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, UNLV Foundation Board of Trustees
- 2nd Vice Chair of the Board
- Chair, Audit Committee
- Finance Committee
- Emeritus Board of Trustees, Past Board of Trustees and Past Chairman, Vegas Chamber
- Board of Directors, Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance
- Chair, Nominating and Governance Committee
- Member, Dean’s Council, UNLV Boyd School of Law
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Executive Committee Member, Gaming Law Section, 2002-2017
- Former Chairman, Business Law Committee, Corporations Sub-Committee
- Former Vice-Chairman, Southern Nevada Disciplinary Board
- Member, International Association of Gaming Advisors
- Member, YPO Gold